top of page

Wayne County Flood Assistance

On June 25-26th, Wayne County, Michigan, suffered massive flooding that damaged homes and personal property. If you were affected by the floods and need assistance, we've provided a list of resources to assist you.


Michigan Department of Health and Human Services

If you need food assistance, state emergency relief, healthcare coverage,

child development and care, cash assistance, and Women, Infants, & Children (WIC) apply at for aid.


211 for Southeastern Michigan Assistance

For disaster services, bill payment assistance, housing, and utilities, food, older adult services, individuals with disabilities services, clothing, and other services, go to for more information.


American Red Cross

The American Red Cross provides disaster assistance in Detroit. For more information, go to or call the Michigan Regional Office American Red Cross of Southeast Michigan (headquarters) at (313) 833-4440. 


Disability Network Wayne County Detroit

If you’re a Wayne County resident with disabilities in need of housing assistance, information referral, transportation, healthcare services, and home repair assistance, go to or call (313) 923-1695.


Michigan Disability Resources

The State of Michigan also provides housing, transportation, and healthcare services for Michiganders with disabilities. For more information, go to


Detroit Area Agency on Aging 

The Detroit Area Agency on Aging provides elderly services, including food and medical assistance for seniors. For more information, go to or call 313-446-4444. 


Michigan Human Society

If you need emergency pet shelter and veterinary services, go to for assistance.


Centers for Disease Control

If you detect mold in your home, read the CDC’s tips on Mold Clean-Up After Disasters: When to Use Bleach and their Homeowner’s and Renter’s Guide to Mold Cleanup After Disasters - (Español and Vietnamese). For more information on proper mold cleanup and remediation, go to

Detroit Water and Sewerage Department Damage Claims Process

This form is to submit your water damage claims due to the flooding on June 25-26, 2021. Damage claims must be submitted within 45 days after the overflow or backup occurring. 

Apply here:

Detroit Water and Sewerage Department Lead and Water Testing

To determine if your water is safe, contact the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department at (313) 964-9300, or go to their lead and water testing page You can also contact the Detroit Health Department Lead Prevention and Intervention Program at (313) 876-0133).

Wayne Metropolitan County Community Action Agency

If you need emergency plumbing repair, residential water assistance, food, or other services, call the Wayne Metropolitan County Community Action Agency at (313) 388-9799 or go to

Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services 

For information on Flood Insurance, go to  or call (877) 999-6442.

Also read Flood Insurance: What You Need to Know document:


Michigan Office of Attorney General Consumer Protection Hotline

If you detect you’re dealing with a fraudulent mold remediation company or have a complaint, go to, call the Detroit office at (313) 456-0240, or call (877) 765-8388.


Michigan Department of Licensing & Regulatory Affairs 

To verify contractors or make consumer complaints services go to or call the Bureau of Professional Licensing at (517) 373-1820.

bottom of page